Thursday 15 January 2015

Territorial Dispute

I was plagued by headaches yesterday, and I couldn't get warm when I went to bed. You might think that surprising since I share the bed with a human hot water bottle but unfortunately he is wont to say things like "AAAH! You're COLD! Move over! Stay on your side! "

Also he steals the duvet in his sleep so that I wake up in a freezing draught, although he denies this, claiming he doesn't move at all in his sleep whereas I thrash.  And so it was that I woke up  shivering at 5 AM, aching all over and head pounding. I moved to the lady's guest room (aka my dressing-room) and turned on the radiator full blast. I took two pills and did eventually get back to sleep.

When I woke up, it was 9:45 AM, and B.A. made me a cappuccino, so I forgive him for the duvet-stealing. Possibly I shouldn't be publishing my accusations, but the Archbishop of Edinburgh did suggest I write about marriage now. 

Marriage involves a lot of minor territorial disputes but also not-so-random acts of kindness. I set up writing nooks in the flat, and B.A. carves out man caves. B.A. makes me cappuccinos, and I buy him bottles of beer. Technically we own everything in common, but he is in charge of the television and the radios. He leaves the latter on, and I turn them off. 

Well, I don't think I am so ill that I can justify lying here when the flat needs cleaning and the laundry needs doing. Besides, I want to go to Polish class, and if I think I can make it to Polish class, then surely I can make it to the laundry room.

2 comments:

This is Edinburgh Housewife, a blog for Catholic women and other women of good will. It assumes that the average reader is an unmarried, childless Catholic woman over 18. Commenters are asked to take that into consideration before commenting. Anonymous comments may be erased.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.